Author Topic: Unique Ticket/ToDo Follow Number - Further prioritizing  (Read 15573 times)

MiC

• Batfish
Unique Ticket/ToDo Follow Number - Further prioritizing
« on: May 26, 2008, 10:52:59 am »
Hey all,

First of all, I LOVE this script. I really do. I work as an ICT manager for a big IT support company using a comprehensive web-based application made by our developers. On a daily basis we have tons of communication between us and them concerning bugs, new features and adjustments. We've been doing this via mail/phone for the last year but the volume right now is just too big.

The problem is that we have to use their time wisely and tell them what they need to do in what order. We've been using a priority list as a signature underneith each email saying "look at point #4" And then we put it in an order so that he can see what he should do first and what last etc.

TaskFreak has a great 1-9 priority list but I need something more then that.

- First of all I would love to have a unique ticket/task number attached to each todo task. So I can refer them to like "look at point #4". Right now I do it manually by adding numbers to the ToDo Title. This doesn't work well since its done manually and I have to check everytime whats the latest number.
- Secondly I need some sort of functionality where I can present them a list in order 1-100 for example. Mayby even with 1.1 and 1.2 to that he can see what he needs to do in what order. Im not sure if such a plugin exists I looked a bit but couldnt find it. I have the latest multi user taskfreak version with plugin manager as the only plugin :)

Any ideas/suggestions/whatever are MORE then welcome!

But big respect to the creater and to Searcher for the many plugin's he's providing and made. Awesome work to all of u!

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

thetux

• Global Moderator
  • Great white shark
Re: Unique Ticket/ToDo Follow Number - Further prioritizing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 02:38:24 pm »
First of all I would love to have a unique ticket/task number attached to each todo task.

Every task already has a unique ID.

MiC

• Batfish
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 03:09:33 pm »
But where do I see it?

I can't see it in the overview or search/sort on it. Thats the whole point. I can't refer them to the number :) I understand in the DB it has a unique number, but its pointless if it's not shown in the task overview :)

thetux

• Global Moderator
  • Great white shark
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:44:29 pm »
See this link http://forum.taskfreak.com/index.php?topic=754.0 to know how to add a column.

To get the ID:
Code: [Select]
$objItem->get('id');

MiC

• Batfish
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 04:49:16 pm »
Ah, that looks interesting!

Im affraid im not TOO good at PHP though. What would I have to do in order to get a column next (left) to the Task Title with just the ID number listed. And I also want to sort on the column so I can filter a bit more. Plus it would be great if the number would show when I view/open a task. I tried to do this manually by following the instructions in the topic but all I got was errors :)

Could you or anyone help me out in the right direction?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 04:56:02 pm by MiC »

stan

• Administrator
  • Hammerhead shark
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:56:20 am »
Isn't there a plugin for this already?

MiC

• Batfish
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 09:05:06 am »
I can't find it so i'm not sure!

Anyone?

thetux

• Global Moderator
  • Great white shark
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:31:37 am »
Isn't there a plugin for this already?

Not sure. I think saw a ID column at searchers little online hideout :-P

MiC

• Batfish
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 10:21:28 am »
I searched a bit but I really can't find it or work it out myself.

Any help is MORE then welcome :)

Searcher

• Global Moderator
  • Hammerhead shark
    • Dracon
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 11:38:30 am »
You said you're not too good with PHP, how about HTML - friends?

hideout, heh ;)

MiC

• Batfish
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 11:45:23 am »
Im sorry I didn't get that one :D

All I want is a column with the ID shown, that I can sort and if I open a Task I see the number as well. Could anyone help me..? I could even pay :)

thetux

• Global Moderator
  • Great white shark
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 11:50:05 am »
MiC, take the walktrough with the column and insert one. If you get errors, post them. Just telling you got errors - without more details - is useless. I'm not a mind reader. Maybe searcher is, not sure. Sometimes it looks this way ;-)

MiC

• Batfish
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 11:58:33 am »
Yeah I understand. But the problem is, the instructions are for something completely different and I simply don't understand it. So thats why im asking here. It's not that im lazy or whatever and waiting for a custom fitted copy-paste solution. But mayby just some pointers. Since im not making a new field. I just want to show an existing field "ID"

MiC

• Batfish
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 01:22:56 pm »
The way I see it is that I have to make a column that shows the ID value, and I have to edit the xajax view popup to show the value as well.

<th width="<?php echo 25-(FRK_STATUS_LEVELS 2?>%" onclick="freak_sort('name')" class="sortable"><?php echo $langForm['project']; ?></th>
<th width="5%"><?php echo $objItem->get('id'); ?><?php echo $langForm['idfield']; ?></th>
<th width="<?php echo 43-$titleWidth?>%" onclick="freak_sort('title')" class="sortable"><?php echo $langForm['title']; ?></th>

and

<div class="flabel"><?php echo $GLOBALS['langForm']['idfield']; ?></div>
<div id="idfield2"><?php echo $objItem->get('id'); ?></div>

That's what I added, and obviously its wrong. If I only have the xajax_panel_view.php modified it still works but when I open a task it gives an XML error. I also updated the freak.php language file to include the langform idfield.
If I have the index.php edited I get this error when I try to open the ToDo list:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/www/htdocs/www.interxs.nl/guidion/todo/index.php on line 253

So yeah, I tried to use common sense and just manually edit something, but as expected it's full of crap :d

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:26:40 pm by MiC »

Searcher

• Global Moderator
  • Hammerhead shark
    • Dracon
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 02:20:43 pm »
Mind-reading, eh? ::)

in index.php the taskId is $objItem->id
in xajax.panel.view.php the taskId is  $objTask->id

obviously ;)